With spinach and pine nuts.
- 350g penne or other pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 400g sweet potato, peeled & coarsely grated
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g can of dried tomatoes
- 1 cup salt reduced beef stock
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 160g ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a medium pan on medium — high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- Add beef and cook until browned breaking up lumps with a spoon. Add sweet potato & zucchini. Cook for 2 minutes until softened slightly.
- Add paste, tomatoes, stock and thyme. Simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes until thickened slightly. Stir through spinach leaves until wilted.
- Preheat oven to 220 c or 200 c for fan-forced. Combine pasta & beef mixture in an 8 cup capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with ricotta, parmesan and pine nuts.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
https://myfoodbook.com.au/recipes/show/sweet-potato-pasta-bake-with-spinach-and-pine-nuts , viewed 04-April-2019.