A Journey Through the Mysterious, Miraculous World of Blood
A fascinating read about the world of blood. A rather unusual subject about something we tend to take for granted.
|Publisher:||North Sydney, N.S.W., Ebury Press,, 2017.|
|Characteristics:||310 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : colour illustrations, colour portraits ; 24 cm.|
- My Pint — Blood donations.
- That Most Simpler Reptile — Leeches and there’s different breeds for different jobs; and there’s a shortage of these in demand creatures.
- Janet & Roy — Blood collecting pioneers.
- Blood Borne — AIDS and HIV.
- The Yellow Stuff — Blood plasma, how it’s extracted and its uses.
- Rotting Pickles — Menstruating. Humans are the only mammals who do it.
- Nasty Cloths — How feminine hygiene holds young girls back from education, and what’s being done about it.
- Code Red — Emergency treatments with blood transfusions.
- Blood Likely Guinness — The research and progress into making artificial blood.