- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 125g butter
- ¾ cup firmly packed soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 6-8 dates, chopped
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Sift flour with salt.
- Cream butter with sugar until light, then gradually beat in eggs and vanilla (and a little flour with the last few additions).
- Fold in remaining flour, dates and milk.
- Spoon into a well buttered pudding basin, cover with double thickness of greased grease-proof paper, tie down and steam for 2 hours.
- Serve with custard. Serves 6.
Sharing our fun times online.